SEVEN (7) PLACES JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD
The number seven means completion. Isa. 53: 3-5 "He was despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him: He was despised, and we esteemed Him not there is no beauty that we should desire Him. Surely He hath borne our grief (sicknesses) and carried our sorrows (diseases): He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities and the chastisement for our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed."
On the cross He when He said "it is finished" at that moment He atoned for our sins, transgressions, iniquities, sicknesses, diseases, peace and salvation. He said I have completed the work that I came to do. I have paid the price so that you would not have to be sick, broke, busted and disgusted.
1. In the Garden of Gethsemane (place of pressing): He knew the suffering that He would have to go through on the cross and He cried out to God the Father and said: "If it be thy will let this cup pass from me." He was in such agony that He sweat drops of blood. There he gave you back your will power. He paid the price for you to be able to say "I will quit drinking, I will quit smoking, I will not throw temper fits, I will not watch pornography, and I will not commit adultery."
2. He took 39 stripes on His back that you might be healed. There healing was provided for every disease: cancer, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, aids, warts, any known or unknown sickness.
3. The Crown of Thorns placed on Jesus head to wound him and mock Him won back your prosperity. Gen. 3: 17-19 God said to Adam and Eve "because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, "you shall not eat of it." Cursed is the ground for your sake; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the fields. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground.
4. They drove nails into His hands: God had placed all authority in the hands of Adam and Eve. Through their disobedience they lost their authority. Jesus nail pierced hands bought back your authority. You can lay hands on the sick and they will recover. You can lay hands on your children's pillow and declare that they are going to serve God. Lay hands on your children's school books and over their clothes....declare that everything I put my hands on will prosper. Why? Because the authority has been returned to our hands through the precious blood of Jesus you can touch your children's clothing and command sickness, disease and destroying power to leave your children.
5. Roman soldiers drove spikes into his feet: Those pierced feet won back dominion over the places we walk. Man was supposed to be the head and not the tail. Man was supposed to be above only and not beneath. When Adam disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, he lost dominion and authority, and at that moment, Satan became the god of this world. But through Jesus shed blood, we don't have to be trampled by Satan. Instead, we are to trample him! As believers, you have the authority to walk around your neighborhood and say, "I bind the devil in my neighborhood. I bind drug addicts and dope dealers and I loose the presence of Jesus to save, heal , deliver. Through the blood of Jesus I demolish the plans of the devil and loose the plans that Jesus has for these people.
6. Jesus pierced heart won back our joy: When the soldier shoved a spear into His side and blood and was poured out; at that moment he atoned (paid the price) for the brokenhearted to be healed. Neh. 8:10 "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Jesus not only took your sin, but He took the pain of that sin. As the old saying goes, "He'll turn our hurts into halos and our scars into stars." Jesus knows what it is to suffer a broken heart, not only physically in His death on the cross but also through the betrayal and rejection by the very ones He came to love and call friends. Many of those He had ministered to cried, "Crucify Him!"
7. Jesus' Bruises won our Deliverance from Inner Hurts and Iniquities: If you have a bruise on your body, it means you are bleeding on the inside. Some bruises last a long time and go very deep. Jesus said, "not only will I forgive what they've done on the outside, but I'm going to give them power on the inside so they can walk in total victory.
An iniquity is a bend in our nature to sin as our ancestors did, or a wicked act of sin. That spirit of iniquity tries to break us down. It is a spiritual force on the inside that pressures us to bow or bend under its destructive nature. If you have a deep bruise inside, perhaps from divorce, or suicidal tendencies, or bruises from sexual abuse ..Jesus bore your hurts and bruises so that you could be whole again.
Pray this prayer: "Lord Jesus, I thank you that by your stripes I am healed, I am delivered from family iniquities and curses. Thank you that you gave me back my free will that I might not allow destructive behavior to rule my life. I thank you that you have given me back the ability to prosper, to take authority and dominion over the things and places that you have given to me. I thank you that the joy of the Lord is my strength, that by your bruises I am delivered from inner hurts and family iniquities. Through the piercing of hands and feet I am delivered from satanic bondage. That by the sweat of your brown I can prosper and be in health as my soul prospers. Through your shed blood my sins was atoned and I can walk free from sin and destruction." Amen.